Reaction of labsa with soda ash:
LABSA 96% – Linear alkyl benzene sulfonic acid – Acid slurry (R-C6H4-SO3H) is the largest-volume synthetic surfactant because of its relatively low cost, good performance, the fact that it can be dried to a stable powder and the biodegradable environmental friendliness as it has straight chain. LABSA 96% is an anionic surfactant with molecules characterized by a hydrophobic and a hydrophilic group.
We want to produce 500 gm washing detergent, that’s from reaction of labsa with soda ash.
The Equipment that you need for labsa & ash:
1. Plastic bowl or bucket
2. Stainless steel spoon
3. Digital scale
5. Safety tools (Apron, goggles, gloves etc.)
The Chemicals that you need for reaction of labsa with soda ash:
1. Alkyl benzene sulphonic acid (LABSA): 12% (According to total weight of detergent)
2. Soda ash (Na2CO3): 25% (According to total weight of detergent)
3. Glauber salt: 20% (According to total weight of detergent)
4. Common salt: 14% (According to total weight of detergent)
5. Dolomite: 22% (According to total weight of detergent)
6. Sodium tri-poly phosphate (STPP): 5% (According to total weight of detergent)
7. Optical brightener: 2% (According to total weight of detergent)
8. Fragrance: 1 gm.
Procedure reaction of labsa with soda ash:
1. Calculate the amount (in gm.) of all chemicals according to the mentioned amount and keep them in the separate beaker.
2. Take a plastic bowl around 2 liter capacity
3. Add 12% linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid (LABSA) and 25% soda ash (Na2CO3) in that plastic bowl. Stir well by stainless steel spoon until the completion of the exothermic reaction.
4. Add 20% glauber salt, 14% common salt, 22% dolomite, 5% sodium tri-poly phosphate (STPP), 2% optical brightener.
5. Finally add 1gm. of fragrance and mix well all items to make a homogeneous form.
6. Compare the cleaning action of soap and prepared detergent by washing a piece of spotted cloth.
Safety precaution in reaction of labsa with soda ash:
1. Use apron and safety goggles when you use labsa with soda ash
2. Use gloves if available for reaction of labsa with soda ash
3. Watch the reaction mixture at all time (Exothermic reaction)
Reaction of labsa with soda ash
LABSA 96% used in formulation of washing powder, detergent powder, detergent cake, liquid soap, cleaning powder, hair shampoo, bath shampoo , complex soap, laundry powder, dishware cleaner in daily chemical industrial.Acid slurry is used as wetting and clearer and dyeing assistant in textile industry. Linear alkyl benzene sulfonic acid is used in anionic specialty formulations. Acid slurry is used as de-inking agent in paper making. Labsa is used as degrease agent in electroplate and Leather manufacturing.
If you need some information about soda ash,soda ash is a basic industrial chemical that is used in a wide range of fields as a material for making glass, soap, detergent, and inorganic chemicals, and also as a food and beverage additive.
Generic names: Sodium carbonate, soda ash
Chemical formula: Na2CO3
Main applications: Material for glass; material for glass wool (a heat insulating material); material for soap and detergents; brine water; water treatment auxiliaries
Packing: Flexible containers and paper bags; tanker trucks.
Special properties: Fine white powder with absorbency properties, alkaline properties, Produces carbon dioxide in reaction to acid.
General applications soda ash: Soda Ash is used for industrial applications and food-additive applications.
Special characteristics soda ash: A fine white powder that is absorbent and easily dissolves in water, highly alkaline in water solution, and produces carbon dioxide in reaction to acid